Monday, February 22, 2021

Top Five Most Popular MBS Fiction Posts

If you follow this blog, you’ve probably figured out that I’m a stats girl. I can’t help it. I like numbers. So I was looking at the all time page counts for various posts. Some rankings seemed to be about right, but others really surprised me. You liked that? Really? I wrote that post in ten minutes.

I thought it would be fun to share some of what I learned. As a journalist, and later as a technical writer, churning out non-fiction has always been second nature for me. But original creative content requires a lot more effort. For that reason, the fictional stories and the characters who inhabit them hold a special place in my heart. Here are the five all time most popular MBS fictional spanking stories. I don’t know that these stories are necessarily the best or even my favorites. You picked ‘em.
  1. The Spanking Booth - I’ve been involved with theater for most of my life, but this is the first and only time I attempted to write a play. Why, yes, of course it’s about spanking. This 2007 one act play is set at a county fair in a small midwestern town. The lead character is a composite of strong, dedicated women I’ve known. It’s makes me happy that you “chose” this as your #1. It may not be my greatest work, but it’s a sentimental favorite.

  2. Academic Misconduct - This story was my back-to-school spanking tale. An unusual college research project yielded some fascinating results. Written in 2012, this story was my first new work of fiction after a long drought. I remember it felt good to stretch my literary legs again.

  3. Pirate’s Cove - This ranking really surprised me. Two college roommates share a cottage on the Oregon Coast over the Independence Day weekend in 1976. I wrote this story last year and I won’t give away the plot, but it’s unlike anything I attempted previously. Randy said it sounds like the storyline for a spanking video.

  4. Suite Two - This tale has an unusual history. I originally wrote it as a contribution to a charity compilation. As part of the deal, I agreed not to publish it myself for a couple of years. In 2013, I was free to post it here and I did. It’s a fictionalized version of a vacation that Randy and I enjoyed in Sedona, Arizona.

  5. The Sphere - I’m so glad that this story made the list. It’s one that I carried in my head for years and I invested a lot of time in getting the details just right. Yeah, I’m a total nerd. It was published in 2005 when MBS was less than two months old. This remains my only attempt at science fiction.
It’s fun to let someone else take the spankings every so often. I don’t know when or whether the muse will visit again, but if that happens, you can read about it here.

5 comments :

Fondles said...

It's midnight where I am and I do need to get my ass in bed if I'm going to be any good tomorrow. My usual doc is out of clinic and I'm working with a substitute. And my colleague is on medical leave for a hospital appointment so it's a solo day for me. And while I would LOVE to click on those links right now, I shall have to exercise patience and wait till tomorrow to do so. But thank you for putting it all in a handy list so I can come back and explore!

Blondie said...

I have read a couple of your stories and loved them. Hope the muse hits you again sometime soon.

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie,

I too have read some of your stories, including a couple of these ones and loved them. Thanks for sharing the top 5. I will enjoy going back to read these.

Hugs
Roz

Bonnie said...

Fondles - Thank you for your professional dedication and the important work that you perform. I hope you enjoy these stories.

Blondie - As a matter of fact, my muse does hit me, right on my bottom! :)

Roz - You're most welcome. I may post some other top fives in the future. As I said, readers sometimes "choose" posts I would never have considered revisiting. I have a theory, but I don't really know why one post is so much more popular than another.

Apartado Especial said...

I Love your blog

Post a Comment