Friday, July 29, 2022

Quick Question: What’s the Rub?

A reader recently asked me a question about rubbing.

I watch a lot of spanking videos. After the girl gets spanked hard she often pops up and rubs her sore butt. Is this just acting or does the rub serve some purpose?

I definitely rub. There are several reasons why the spankee might rub her freshly punished bottom:
  1. It's a quick way to assess the damage. I am always aware of the soreness back there when I arise from his lap, but I'm not certain how severe this spanking really was. I feel to check the level of heat emanating from my skin. Are there any raised welts or rough skin places? Where does it hurt most? How much of a problem is it going to be when I have to sit later?

  2. Vigorous rubbing brings blood containing oxygen to the punished region to begin the healing process. And I definitely want to heal before the next time he decides to pick up a paddle!

  3. Sometimes in a weird way the deep ache generated by rubbing can actually feel good. It's as though it cancels out the raging skin level burn.

  4. It’s a visual expression of the pain I feel. When I dance and rub my bottom, I am saying to my husband, “You punished me with a spanking. It worked. I deserved everything I got. I received your message and I’m still getting the message.” I will say those words if I must, but I prefer to show him.

  5. Rubbing a sore bottom is a classic ritual. It was used in older films and television shows to indicate that an off-camera spanking had occurred. When I was a girl, suggestive scenes like that drove my imagination. I wanted to be the one who was rubbing.

  6. Randy loves to watch me rub, just like he enjoys seeing me squirm atop a hard chair later. When he sees that, he can feel confident that the discipline he administered had the intended effect.

  7. And yes, sometimes it can be acting. When we are filming, Randy will ask me to rub while I stand in the corner after he spanks me. He says it emphasizes in non-verbal form the point that I am still experiencing the aftermath of a formidable punishment.

    With that said, please don’t assume our hard-working spanking models don’t feel every single swat. I am certain that the hurt is very real. I have great respect and admiration for models who literally sacrifice their bodies for our entertainment. I just hope for their sake that they are spankos in real life and derive some benefit beyond their compensation.
The cartoon above came from our friend, Wolfie. I aspire to have that many stars behind me someday. Thank you as always!

10 comments :

Jean Marie said...

I resonate with all you've eloquently stated here, Bonnie, and would add an 8th reason to your list. For me, rubbing my bottom post-spanking provides a segue. As I rub my bottom, my Top appreciates the sexiness of the reddened area, catches glimpses of my feminine charms between my cheeks and between my thighs. It provides an invitation to transition from spanking to sex. That resultant sexual activity provides closure to the spanking, stating emphatically that we as a couple are all better now.

Woodsy said...

That thing about watching an aftermath and wanting to be the one doing the rubbing resonates... It's kind of almost like a victory dance

Roz said...

Love your reasons to rub Bonnie. It's all part of the spanking ritual (unless you are forbidden to rub) and just somehow soothes.

Hugs
Roz

Jimc said...

I too think rubbing is a part of a spanking including going over the knee itself.seeing the spank dance and reading about the running is a thrill when I read and see spanking stories.I am a visual person so while I enjoy hearing a spanking you can't hear them rubbing the bottom and that is disappointing.you write very well and I enjoy your blog posts all the time.Thanks again for all you share and have created.have a great day
Jim

Hermione said...

I remember all those comic strips where the spankee was pictured rubbing. That was just as much a turn-on as seeing the actual spanking, which was often not shown.

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

I love when someone I spank rubs their bottom afterwards. There is nothing worse for me then to put in all of the effort to give someone a spanking and then have her act like nothing happened. I also like it when I give her a quick smack on her fanny in public and then she says ouch and rubs her bottom. Great topic, well written article.

Bonnie said...

Jean Marie - That's a very good point. At those moments, I'm not thinking about being alluring, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. :)

Woodsy - Yes. I dreamed of being the special one, the naughty girl chosen for punishment in the place of dishonor. Vigorous rubbing could be a public demonstration of discipline conducted in private. It also provides additional choreography for a walk of shame.

Roz - Thank you! It's easy to lose track of the ritual aspect. In fact, I did. I posted two articles describing 36 spanking rituals and I forgot this one. I feel like I should go back and add it.

Jim - Thank you for your kind words. I love to write about spankings.

Hermione - Yes! I should have mentioned comics too. My reaction was just the same.

Bonnie said...

Anon - I imagine that rubbing provides the spanker with a vote of confidence on a job well done. I didn't mention the quick public pop / little ouch and rub scenario you mention, but I love that, especially when it isn't me.

Thanks for your comment!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this article Bonnie. As far as I’m concerned rubbing my bottom after a spanking is as natural as washing my hands after working in the garden or drying my hair after a shower. I don’t understand how any woman can resist rubbing if her nether cheeks have been properly tanned. The moment the spanking is over my hands fly behind me, cradle my rear curves and give them lots of TLC. Gingerly at first and then more vigorously I rub my burning buttocks to lessen the pain and, as you rightly say, to begin the healing process. I know that it may not be very long before my poor bottom is once again paying the price for some misdemeanour on my part!
Janice x

Anonymous said...

Janice - Yes, I completely agree. It is a natural reaction. I sometimes involuntarily place my hands over my cheeks at the mere mention of a spanking.

Post a Comment