Thursday, July 28, 2022

Bonnie Before Blogging: Part One

I recently found an interview that I did for another outlet before I began MBS. It provides an interesting perspective of my mindset in the early 2000s. Here is the original unedited interview. Because the text is long, I've broken it into multiple parts.

Q1: Who is Bonnie?

A1: I’m a forty-two-year-old wife and mother. I work as a technical writer. Randy and I have been married for more than twenty years. He is my partner, lover, and fulltime soulmate. We find many ways to express our love. Spanking just happens to be one of our favorites. While I may talk a lot about spanking and related topics in this context, I am a three-dimensional woman. I have quite a few interests beyond this world. Among my favorites are travel, reading, hiking, crafts, and cooking.

Q2: How long have you been interested in spanking?

Q2: I’ve had this interest in one form or another as far back as I can recall. I remember as a kid watching TV shows where someone was spanked. For reasons I didn’t understand, I found that whole subject very appealing. I often imagined myself being the one who was getting the spanking. When I became a teenager, I quite naturally took an interest in boys. Rather than being left behind, my fascination with spanking became closely linked with my sexual urges. Now rather than a faceless spanker, I envisioned a big man with powerful sinewy arms who was ready to take charge. As I approached adulthood, I began experimenting with the real thing. I had one boyfriend who was so freaked out by the idea that he just couldn’t bring himself to strike me. Another boy thought I was granting him license to mistreat me in general. That relationship didn’t last long.

Then I met Randy at college. We clicked almost from the beginning. He liked to spank as much as I liked to be spanked. It was great and it remains so today. He is innovative enough to keep things new and fun. I just love that.

A few years ago, I discovered the Internet. I learned that there are many thousands of women just like me. I always believed in my mind that what we did wasn’t that weird, but this outlet provided welcome confirmation. It’s been great fun to swap stories, compare notes, and provide support. I’ve met a number of tremendous friends who are quite willing to discuss topics that would horrify most of my real-world pals. I think my love of spanking is an integral part of who I am. Call it wiring or whatever, that’s just me.

Q3: How did you meet Randy?

A3: We met in a college chemistry class. We struck up a conversation. That led to hanging out together, which led to dating, romance, marriage, and parenthood. After our first few dates, I never considered not being with him. The fit between us was, and is, so natural.

Q4: Do you practice domestic discipline?

A4: No, at least not by my definition. Outside the bedroom, we operate pretty much as equals. I reject the argument that he is inherently smarter than me just because I happen to have been born female. We each have our respective strengths and abilities. We try to arrange our lives such that we can both contribute. In the bedroom, however, Randy is the one in charge. That’s the way I like it. It’s not because he is male and entitled to rule. Rather, the reason is because I voluntarily grant him control over my body in that setting. When he spanks me, it is with my consent. I may not always like everything he does to me, but I have given Randy the authority and the ability to decide what I need and what I deserve. The result is that he takes me to places that I would never have gone otherwise. He pushes my limits in lots of directions. I find those experiences to be thrilling, especially after the fact.

Q5: Do you have a favorite implement?

A5: Like fashion, it changes over time. Right now, Randy is enamored with one particular wooden hairbrush. It’s pretty intense. I don’t think he has any concept of how much it hurts to have your backside scalded by an implement like that one. It’s hard and heavy like a paddle, but the surface area is much smaller. The result is a far more concentrated blow. The brush always leaves a day or two of uncomfortable sitting in its wake. I’m not sure whether this brush is my favorite implement, but it’s the one with which I am most familiar right now.

If you like this prehistoric babble, stay tuned because there's more to come!

9 comments :

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Looking forward to the next instalment

Prefectdt

Anonymous said...

Thank you for publishing this. It is very interesting.

Roz said...

I enjoyed reading this Bonnie, looking forward to the next instalment. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs
Roz

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, thanks for sharing. Look forward to your next instalment.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

FL said...

Ha, I'm also a tech writer (ret;d) and obviously a fellow spanking fan. Wonder if there's a connection. Now I have to think back on all my former colleagues. :)

Bonnie said...

Prefectdt - Thanks. Finding this interview was a total surprise for me. I didn't remember writing it, but here it is.

Anon - It's a fun to hear from younger me. Thanks for your comment.

Roz - You're welcome! I am surprised by a few of my answers.

Ronnie - I'm glad you're enjoying this old interview. There's lots more to come.

FL - I never made that connection, but it's possible I guess. I started my career as a news journalist (reporter, writer, editor), but decided the future of that field was discouraging. I like my job. It suits me well.

Jimc said...

It is a fantastic story.I always enjoy stories about how people enter into spanking and their length of time in the scene.I enjoyed your definition of domestic discipline and think it is the best one I have seen.I love descriptions of spankings especially when otk.Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to your site.I do go to it almost everyday.have a great day.
Jim

Hermione said...

I remember reading that interview. Thanks for reposting the "blast from the past".

Hugs,
Hermione

Bonnie said...

Jim - I'm glad you're enjoying this interview. There's lots more to come. I can only define domestic discipline by contrasting it with what we do. I prefer to leave the definition to those who practice DD.

I'm pleased, of course, to hear that you visit MBS every day. I wish I had sufficient content to provide something new each time, but life inevitably intervenes.

Hermione - If you remember this interview, you're way ahead of me. The file I found is dated 2004, so it predates the blog. It has never appeared on MBS in any form until now. I don't remember writing it, nor do I know for whom it was written. Can you recall where you saw this?

Post a Comment