Sunday, October 31, 2021

Spanking Rituals

Hello again, friends. Happy Halloween. One way to make a good spanking great is through the use of punishment rituals. Here are some of my favorites:

I reference a female bottom because that is my perspective, but feel free to replace genders as you prefer
  1. Assume the Position - Spankings can be delivered to recipients situated in all sorts of positions. Some are more effective than others in terms of exposing the bottom for punishment. But our focus today is rituals. An excellent ritual is one that gets inside the spankee's mind and augments the punishment experience. When the spankee is commanded to position herself, it places her in the position of not just accepting the punishment, but actively participating.

  2. Bare the Target - A bare bottom spanking hurts more and is often perceived as being more embarrassing for the spankee. The baring can be performed by either spanker or spankee and each has a different significance. Removing one's own clothes implies participation as above. Being bared by the spanker is a surrender of control. The ultimate baring is complete nudity. For me, being stripped naked foreshadows a severe punishment.

  3. The Lecture - Words are powerful. When Randy tells me that I am a bad girl, I just melt. When he tells me I deserve to be punished, I regret my misdeeds and prepare myself for the inevitable consequences. Sometimes, he asks me if know what happens to girls who misbehave. Yes, of course I know, but I have to tell him anyway. Sometimes, he wants me to ask/beg for my corporal punishment. And I do.

  4. Fetch the Implement - This is another form of making the spankee an active participant in her own punishment. Randy acts impatient and adds swats if I don't return quickly enough or select the wrong implement. One variation is where the spankee has to retrieve a different, and typically more severe, implement partway through a spanking session. This gives the spankee a brief break to consider her predicament before the posterior assault intensifies.

  5. Corner Time - Corner time can be used before, during, or after a spanking. The idea is to give the spankee a time-out to consider her actions and the consequences of those actions. Randy likes to place me in corner time immediately after a spanking. I must stand in a designated spot with my skirt raised or pants lowered to fully expose my red bottom.

  6. Spanking in Sets - For longer spankings, swats or strokes are sometimes delivered in sets of five, six, ten, or twelve with pauses between sets. These pauses provide opportunities for lectures or scolding. The breaks also allow the accrued pain to be fully processed before starting again.

  7. Recording - I think most spankees want to get their spankings behind them (pun not entirely intended). We want to wipe the slate clean and move forward. But that's not possible when the spanker records the proceedings in photographs, audio, and video. These spankings live on forever in electronic format to capture just how thoroughly I was humbled. On the positive side of the ledger, I find it a turn-on to relive these intimate moments from a different vantage point.

  8. Bondage - Allowing oneself to be restrained surrenders any vestige of control. I find that kind of submission to be really sexy. After the knots are secure, the spanker is in complete charge.

  9. The Punishment Room - Some couples have a designated place where serious spankings occur. Being sent to that room can serve as a shorthand way of notifying the bottom that a spanking is coming her way soon. We spank all over the house. Perhaps the closest room we have is our basement where our spanking bench is set up.

  10. Confession - Confession is good for the soul, but it's not so great for the bottom. Sometimes, during a lecture, Randy asks me to list my transgressions and demerits (most of which are fictional). On a few occasions, he typed up a confession for me with an agreement to be paddled as a consequence. I had to sign the confession while he video recorded it.

  11. Counting the Swats - Counting can take a couple different forms. The spanker can count out a pre-determined number of swats. Or the spankee can be required to count the swats as they are delivered. Randy's favorite is making me count, distracting me, and then administering extra swats when I inevitably mess up the count.

  12. Toys - Unlike some spanking couples, all of our spankings have a sexual element, but it's not always explicit during the actual spanking. Other times, Randy uses toys like vibrators, dildos, and plugs to change my headspace. I find that I can accept a harder spanking when I'm turned on. And simultaneous spanking and sexual stimulation usually push me over the edge.

  13. Final Ten - When it seems like a spanking should be about over, Randy will announce, "Ten more." The last ten swats are counted out and delivered in a slow sequence. He strikes hard in the center of each sit spot while alternating sides. He doesn't tell me that these swats are meant to make me remember, but he doesn't have to.

  14. Kissing the Implement - When the spankee is required to kiss the surface of the implement that has just spanked her bottom, it represents an acceptance of and appreciation for the preceding painful correction. It also represents a recognition that more punishments will be needed in the future.

  15. Displaying the Implement - A throbbing bottom needn't be the only reminder of a recent spanking. We often hang a paddle or brush on a hook in our bedroom. It serves as a reminder of a recently completed spanking session. Every time I see it, I touch my bottom and think, "Ooo, I got a spanking!"

  16. Spanking Garments - There are certain articles of clothing that come to be associated with spanking. When a spankee wears such a garment, like a special pair of panties, leggings, or a short skirt, it can serve as a non-verbal signal. Alternately, the spanker can request that the spankee wear the garment. Randy has bought me lots of clothes over the years for precisely this purpose.
Rituals can help make your spankings more interesting, exciting, and varied.

9 comments :

Roz said...

Great list of rituals Bonnie, and each does have its place. Not sure I have ever counted swats and not sure how I would feel about recording a spanking personally. Rick has taken pics of my butt after a spanking on occasion to show me, but these were quickly deleted.

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Seeing all those rituals spelled out really pushes the right buttons for me. Rituals are a vital part of any spanking relationship.

Hugs,
Hermione

Erica Scott said...

I think I have done all of these, except for the punishment room. Can't really have one of those when you live in a one-bedroom apartment. :-D
Rather than bondage, I kinda like it when commanded to hold position. It's a hell of a challenge sometimes.

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

A long list of rituals, that in the end, turn a spanking into sort of a ceremony. I like spankings with a ceremonial aspect :)

Prefectdt

Rich Person said...

I can see you've been at this for a long time. Yes, you really have worked out the kinks.

I'd only add that I usually tell the girl when I send her to the corner that I'm going to have some questions for her when I call her, and that she'd better get the answers right. Otherwise there will be more to come.

It's good for the submissive to be reminded casually that they are in danger of further punishment if they misbehave. So, I have sometimes asked the girl to keep a switch in the drawer with her clean panties. This means she is going to be reminded every time she dresses that it is there, waiting to be used.

The biggest part of spanking is the right headspace for the spankee. So, whatever is needed to create those feelings and emotions is important to the overall satisfaction of the parties. The spanker is putting on a show for the spankee. It should be a good show!

Bonnie said...

Roz - Thanks. This was a stream of consciousness style list. But since I posted, I've learned that there are even more worthwhile spanking rituals that I forgot to include.

Hermione - Yes, absolutely. Me too!

Erica - Ha! We have an entire house, but we've never designated a room for this purpose. The only room available is our guest room, but I don't want to have to clean out all of the suspicious objects every time before guests arrive.

Remaining still should have a place in the next installment of what now appears to be a series.

Prefectdt - Yes, a ceremony! How lovely.

RP - (giggle) I want that as my epitaph. "Bonnie worked the kinks out by working the kinks in."

I cringe a little when I read about the questions. At moments like that, I am notoriously bad at answering questions. I usually get the "more to come."

I love love love your last paragraph. This is why I feel so fortunate. I have someone in my life who makes me the star of an amazing show.

Rich Person said...

Oh, you're definitely a star!

Miss Cecilia said...

I have a lot of the same rituals when I discipline husband.

Most of them are designed to humble husband. Bare bottom, always and I pull his panties up and down, special lingerie and dresses he has to wear specifically for Discipline, fetching and kissing the implement, lecture/scolding and corner time make it a Disciplinary Session as opposed to just a spanking.

Rituals let me bring more than one disciplinary tool in play at the same time.

Bonnie said...

RP - Aw, thanks!

Miss C - I like the concept of rituals serving as an additional disciplinary tool.

Post a Comment