Sunday, October 17, 2021

Autumn Popourri


I know I've been away. I am teaching an online class and that endeavor consumes a lot of my non-work time. But I'm here now, at least for a bit.

Here's what on my mind this weekend:
  1. A reader named Ted asked me whether frequent spankings are the reason why I have a large bottom. The answer is a definitive no. I've had a big butt since puberty, long before I got the opportunity to explore my spanko aspirations. What's more, several other female family members share this trait. I can safely conclude it's hereditary.

  2. Some of you asked about the special birthday present that I mentioned in my previous post. We still haven't fully tested it yet, but I can tell you that it's NOT a spanking implement. I should also mention that it wasn't Randy's only gift. He also gave me a fun gift certificate that I am saving until COVID recedes.

  3. A longtime reader brought to my attention that college football teams in Oklahoma have cheerleaders who carry paddles. I was skeptical until I confirmed this is true. When I see big paddles like that, my immediate thought is that someone is getting their butt swatted. What other purpose could there be? Does anyone know the story? Specifically, who gets paddled and why?
  4. Have you discovered any new spanking blogs lately? If so, I would love to add them to our community blogroll. You can reply to this message or send me an email by clicking on Ask Bonnie at the bottom of this page.

  5. Our friend Susan asked whether I think it's safe to buy spanking implements and sex toys over the internet. Well, is it safe to buy anything on the internet? The answer to the second question is probably the answer to the first. There are risks everywhere. What matters is how we manage them. I feel confident when I deal with established vendors that have good reputations earned over a number of years.

  6. A friend asked about moving from leather implements to a wooden paddle. Here is my response:

    The level of pain experienced by a spankee depends upon a number of factors. These include the composition and design of the implement, the force with which it's applied, the number and location of swats delivered, and the spankee's position. In this context, a spanking with a wooden paddle doesn't necessarily have to be more severe. All things being equal, a leather paddle of the same size is probably less intense, but all things are never equal.

    We own numerous wooden paddles and all them have been used on me. When we started out years ago, it was our go-to implement. In that pre-internet era, we didn't know about all of the alternatives. A thin, light wooden paddle can sting like leather. A small, heavier wooden paddle makes my bottom feel like it's burning. Those big frat-style paddles just ache, now and later. I suggest gradually working your way up if you are interested in trying those big ones. They may be too harsh for a spankee who is not as well upholstered back there as I am.

    In any case, it's essential for spanker and spankee to communicate continuously, especially when exploring new experiences.
That's enough for now. Happy autumn!

7 comments :

Erica Scott said...

Regarding Question #1, is it hypersensitive of me to be offended on your part??
I mean, what a nerve.
If someone asked me that, I'd want to answer, "I don't know. Does your face look like that because it's frequently punched?"

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie, giggling at Erica's comment. I enjoyed reading this. Hope you get to fully test out your birthday gift soon. That's interesting about the paddle carrying cheerleaders. What else can they be for?

Wonderful advice to the questions as always :)

Hugs
Roz

Anonymous said...

I (male) agree with Erica. I don't know what led up to it that may be mitigating - but what a dumb question. And rude.

"I don't know. Is the reason your dick is small is because of your violent, furious, and constant masturbation?"

Hermione said...

Why would cheerleaders carry paddles? Because the football team doesn't understand "No means no."

Hugs,
Hermione

Minielle Labraun said...

I agree with Erica! People are ridiculous sometimes!
I bet there is a story regarding why the cheerleaders carry paddles! Might be what Hermione suggested, or maybe for said football players to use on the cheerleaders when asked!

Bonnie said...

Erica - I condensed a longer conversation with a fairly regular correspondent. In the process, I made the question seem more abrupt and inappropriate than it is actually was in context.

The same fellow said he would like to see the world through my eyes. I told him that I am still using them.

Roz - I read that this group is celebrating the first white settlers in the state of Oklahoma. That's why they ride around in a horse drawn prairie wagon. But the paddles remain a mystery.

A reader said that the fans at the University of Minnesota also carry paddles that read, "Row the Boat" Again, it's not clear who is the lucky recipient.

Anon - As I said, I quoted from a longer conversation about the effects of regular spankings. I wasn't offended.

Hermione - That's as good as any theory I have.

Minelle - I was hoping that a reader would explain it for us, but so far, it remains an open question.

O and P Spanking Stories said...

Au contraire, frequent spankings help maintain a well shaped bum!
B ;)

Post a Comment