Sunday, March 29, 2020

Twenty Thoughts about Now

So here we are, hopefully safely hidden away from the storm raging just outside our doors. I feel as though I should share with you, but I haven’t got any exciting news, amazing revelations, or fun adventures. It’s just the lives of two people confined within four walls. What I have for you below is a collection of my observations, some deliberate and some random.

  1. This is going to be a long siege, I think, longer than most of us are willing to admit. And maybe it’s best that we don’t worry too much about that now. Let’s take it a day at a time, support each other in safe ways, and hold on to all that we value.

  2. Randy and I are both working from home, at least for the time being. It’s been OK.

  3. We are well so far. Our state has not been hit as hard as neighboring states, but I’m not sure how long that will last.

  4. Spankings seem to help both of us, with him delivering and me receiving. In between our regular Friday evening festivities with the fun rituals and ouchy implements, we’ve added daily and sometimes more than daily spankings. These sessions are typically quicker and less formal. Randy favors a small leather paddle that generates a lot of heat and sting, but inflicts no serious damage. It’s a whole new sensation to return from a work break with a sore bottom and a big smile.

  5. We’re wearing only washable clothes these days and the focus is on comfort. My new uniform is a t-shirt, no bra, a thong, a long skirt, and socks or slippers. Because of daily video conferences, I still feel I should wear basic makeup during the week, but that could change.

  6. I’ve heard women say that once you wear a thong everyday, you’ll get used to it, and I have. It’s not necessarily my preference, but it’s fun for Randy to be able to flip my skirt and spank my bare bottom.

  7. We tried the grocery delivery service and that worked pretty well. My only gripe was some moldy fruit. We will do it again.

  8. I love my dear husband. There is no one else with whom I’d rather be isolated. But his unusual quirks become more pronounced in this situation.

  9. I never realized that guacamole could be a breakfast food, but apparently it can be.

  10. One of Randy’s greatest delights is to bend me over the back of the couch for a spanking, raise my skirt, and discover that my bottom is still pink for his previous assault. One might think that would earn me some consideration, but it doesn’t.

  11. When I’m sitting at the dining room table and doing my work, he will ask me, “How’s your butt?” If I give him a smart answer like, “Take a good guess,” then it’s back over the couch for me. I feign indignant resentment, but you know, dear readers, that I love it.

  12. I miss the dry cleaner, my hair stylist, and our cleaning people.

  13. I worry about all of the people who risk their lives and health working through this pandemic to keep people alive and safe. Our society now dangles by a thread and these heroes hold both ends. When this is over, we should build them a monument so that no one will forget their bravery, hard work, and sacrifice.

  14. I also worry about the employees who are suddenly unemployed and all of the small business owners who had to close. The choices they face are horrific.

  15. He stole the cushion from the chair where I work. That was mean.

  16. Facetime visits with our daughter, her boyfriend, and our granddaughter are a highlight. They are home schooling now and I wish I could be a bigger part of that effort.

  17. Speaking of school, I am teaching a distance learning class. It wasn’t supposed to be remote, but here we are. The technology is fine and I like the students. I just wish it were over.

  18. I hope we don’t run out of candles.

  19. I got spanked with a slipper yesterday. That isn’t a regular part of our repertoire, but it was handy I guess. It stung a bit.

  20. Randy and I are really doing pretty well all things considered. I feel for people who are sheltered alone and lack a good support network. If you can reach out to a lonely friend or relative, I’m sure it will do more good than you can imagine. Those lifelines give them a reason to keep going when things seem desperate.

So that's it for now. I wish I had time and good content to post more often, but this is my life for now. Please stay safe, support one another, and keep those paddles smacking!

15 comments :

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

As well as the obvious I think that another virus has also started to take hold.
1 - I noticed it got hold of me about a week and a half ago.
2 - It is costing me a lot in terms of note paper.
3 - I am starting to see it more and more on the internet.
4 - It looks like you are infected too.
5 - :)
This list making virus has gone global :)

Prefectdt

morningstar said...

why candles?? It made my heart thump -- cause I remember our ice storm from '98 and then yesterday morning we lost our power for about an hour.......

Terpsichore said...

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts. Thanks for sharing how you are doing. Glad all is well during this time. We are all hanging in at home, doing our part, and doing the best we can. One day at a time. Hugs

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie, thank you for sharing this and letting us know how you are. I'm so glad you and Randy are doing well. Good on you for teaching, that's wonderful. I love your current regime at home, there are some perks to working from home :)

I do wory how long this will last. Take care and stay safe!

Hugs
Roz

PK said...

Sounds like you're weathering this storm as well as anyone could. I'm glad you guys are together and glad spanking helps.

Erica Scott said...

Thinking of you and yours and wishing you all the best, Bonnie. This New Normal sucks.

Rich Person said...

A thong every day. And more than one spanking some days. I wonder if there's a correlation.

Good to get a positive report from you. Keep up the good work!

Fondles said...

It's good to have someone you LIKE to be stuck at home with. Altho i laughed at the magnified unusual quirks.

Stay healthy and keep spanking!

Hermione said...

Luckily Ron and I have been together daily for years now, and I have gotten used to his quirks.

Stay safe!
Hermione

Bonnie said...

Prefectdt - Yeah, I got it bad.

MS - No worries. This was the random pat.

Terps - Thanks. Please stay safe.

Roz - Working from home has advantages I had not anticipated.

PK - We're doing as well as can be, at least so far. And yes, the spankings do help.

Erica - Bless you, dear friend. Please be safe and stay healthy.

RP - Yes, I can absolutely confirm a strong positive correlation.

Fondles - You are so right.

Hermione - You would think I would know everything by this stage, but I can still be surprised. :)

Bob S said...


great comment about those alone during these times. stay in touch with the lonely.

Kenzie said...

Hi Bonnie! It's been too long since I've been on this site, and it's so nice to see that you're still here! Glad you're having some spanking fun during this isolation! Stay safe!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to read, and glad you are both doing well. Daily small spankings ae a good thing,, and that sometimes happens here.
Point 13 though, needs reflection. The salaries of nurses and cleaners is so terribly low, better to make; a commitment that these salaries should be on a much higher level. It is sad to red health care workers have to work tow jobs in different seniors home, to make ends meet, and are thus carrying the germs from one place to another.
bottoms up

Red

Oaks and Pines Spanking Stories said...

Stay safe everyone...
B

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice, thoughtful update. Hope you fare will through all of this.

Best regards, Graham

Post a Comment