Monday, December 21, 2009

Recap: MBS Sunday Brunch for Dec 20


Our topic this week was the small things we do to demonstrate our love. Here are your thoughts.

Lil Sam: I would just love to have him home, but that is not going to happen until January.

But if he were... My sailor loves to have his feet and calves massaged. I would wake him by gently massaging his calves to his feet, until he woke. Then, I'd give him a deeper foot massage, up his calves, thighs, sliding around to his hip, then slide down and start again. Sailor man is very touchy in these areas, and I do so love to tease him. I know that guarantees a trip across his knee, with lots of loving to follow.

Darn, I have to wait until the middle of January. Merry Christmas everyone!

Scunge: This is our first Christmas together, so I am crocheting him a scarf in his university colors. He needs it today because over two feet of snow has fallen here and we don't usually get much). I will probably give him lots of back and neck rubs as well. :)

Hermione: To help make the season less stressful for my husband, I do some of his gift shopping and most of the wrapping, except for my presents. I also bake his favourite treats. In return, he buys the turkey and is in charge of the big Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals.

On a personal level, Ron enjoys head massages, so I give him plenty of those, and he reciprocates with backrubs for me. What do I wish and hope for? Spankings!

Meow: Since Lash will be working on the holiday, I try to make it easier for him by being cheerful and flexible with scheduling. I'll even try to hang around his workplace in case we can spend some time together. Loving each other doesn't require a particular celebration on a particular day, just keeping each other in our hearts!

Erudite Hayseed: I favor small things, really. My girlfriend and I are celebrating our first Christmas living together, and we've come upon a few things that we do.

I cook for her every chance I get. She works at a restaurant, so I don't like for her to have to look at food when she gets home. I make her a vodka/cranberry when she needs it. I rub her feet and other minor things.

She wraps gifts for me, mainly because I'm so bad at it. She gives me a back rub every night before sleep.

And as always, spankings are free and they seem to allow her the ability to shrug off the stress of a day spent shopping or working. So that happens often.

Willy: Being elderly and fully "domesticated," I do a lot of the cooking and cleaning. I give my wife a back massage with the Hitachi wand most nights, and sometimes a back rub in the morning as she wakes. I'd wish for a spanko relationship, but no dice, sorry to say.

Anon #1: During Channukah, the Festival of Lights, every nightfall, we light the Menorah (an eight branched candle holder with a ninth lead candle) together. We sing the traditional holiday songs with each other. Then we enjoy a meal of potato pancakes with sour cream, apple sauce and cinnamon.

Winter is a cold dark time of the year. We make it a point to celebrate the light of Channukah as both a symbol of Divine intervention, when and as needed in the course of human events, and the light and warmth that we bring to each other's life. Then we call our son, daughter, daughter-in-law and grandson to chat. This doesn't sound like anything special. But when you stop to think about it, family life is a miracle. However universal or commonplace it may be, that doesn't deflect or reduce its miraculous presence in our lives. It is the simple pleasures that over time mean the most.

R Humphries: I really just wanted to stop by and wish you all a safe and Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year. This season, my beloved Jojo and I will being hosting for family and friends so spanking activities are generally curtailed. However, I'm sure she'll get the occasional crack on the bum with a wooden spoon in the kitchen. At Chez Humphries, I am “ze 'ead chef,” but the kitchen is always the central gathering point and I shall have no shortages of sous chefs and bottle-washers.

Jojo likes surprises, so I always like to pick out her gifts and even wrap them myself. Generally, we just enjoy the splendid treasure of being surrounded by the company of family and friends. Be safe and enjoy!

Anon #2: I start my gift search in early November to be sure to have time to get her something good that she actually wants. I make up a coupon book for things like back rubs, oil massages, and foot rubs, as well as bottom-related play. The fine print makes them payable on demand, and includes a form to request additional coupons. This year, rather than individual coupons, I made a check box for the needed service. I put them in her stocking.

Merry Christmas. You are a great group of people.

Ronnie: Touching. I'm a touchy person. I often go up to him and put my arms around him. Massages tto. He loves me to massage him.

P loves to walk, so I make sure that I go with him even though I don't always feel like it.

He often cooks for me, but both of us being healthy, P being around is enough for me. He doesn't have to do anything special.

A spanking wouldn't go amiss though.

Elle: I try to help my man avoid as much stress as possible. I find I become much more responsible by taking care of business that I would normally leave for him. I am trying to make these things habitual year round, not just for the holidays.

He also loves back scratches, so I try to remember to do that as much as possible.

LU: This is Ru and my first Christmas together. We already had our Christmas day together. I took the day off work so we could be together all day. I made him pancakes and did not leave his side all day. Most of the day I wore only a robe, which he requested. LOL We laid together on the couch or the bed all day. We talked and loved and shared. I don't think either of us could have asked for a better day. There was lots of touching and hugging and kissing and love-making and nakedness. Ru has a thing about me being naked. It was a great day.

Katia: My hubby is gone this holiday season, but he is in my heart. I spoil my hubby all the time, and not just during the holidays. I do it because I love him, not because I have to. He also reciprocates. I am lucky to have married such an amazing man.

Diesel Diva: This is our 28th Christmas together. We show our love for each other on a daily basis. My husband drives a truck and his presence on Christmas is always "iffy." I try to eliminate stress from the home front as much as possible and he reciprocates tenfold by handling all of household maintenance issues that I have difficulties with. We may not be together every day, but we're very secure in our relationship and aiming for many more years together.

Missy: This year, I got L a beautiful black suede desk chair, executive style, with a very high back, nicely padded arms, and a generously-sized seat. You rarely see them in suede, and he loves it. For the past five years, he's had this “ergonomically designed” chair which cost more than this one, but it is far less comfortable.

Its only defect appears to be that the shape makes it impractical for spanking, but we have other spank-friendly furniture, so it's not a biggie.

I'm hiding it until Friday in the storage cubicle in the basement of our building.

Blushing Bride: We just make sure that no matter how busy this time of year is, we make the effort to go to bed at the same time to cuddle, spank and / or have sex on a daily basis. Which activity we choose depends upon our mood and energy level at the end of the day, and often it's just snuggling together in bed. Even if one of us ends up getting back up after the other has fallen asleep, having that time to reconnect and relax with one another is key for us.

Anon #3: I show my love to my hubby every day. I get up a half-hour before him so I can make his coffee, lunch, and breakfast. Then I go into our room with a cup of coffee and wake him gently. I stay with him until he's dressed and then give him his breakfast. I follow this with a kiss and hand him his lunch as he walks out the door for work.

Bonnie: I'm delighted to see such a wonderful turnout at a time when everyone is busy. I'd like to offer a special welcome to all of out first time brunchers. I'm glad you're here!

All of the suggestions are excellent and there's isn't much I can add. One thought I had when considering this question is to laugh often. The world can be a very funny place when we don't let stress overwhelm us. Even if you can't laugh, just a smile will help.

Happy Holidays!

No comments :

Post a Comment