Monday, May 07, 2007

Meme: Seven Questions


I’ve been tagged with this meme three times. I guess I ought to complete it.

Question #1: What are three of the stupidest things you've done in your life?

  • Rushing to graduate from college early and not enjoying the experience for what it was

  • Trying to change myself to please people who really didn’t matter

  • Spending too much time and energy on the day to day demands of motherhood and too little living in the moment

Question #2: At the current moment, who has the most influence on your life?

That would be Randy, of course. He’s my lover, my confidant, my best friend, and he still looks hot in a pair of swim trunks.

Question #3: If you were given a time machine that functioned, and you were allowed to only pick five people to dine with, who would you pick?

  • My grandmother

  • Mark Twain

  • Mahatma Gandhi

  • Leonardo da Vinci

  • George Gershwin

Question #4: If you had three wishes that were not supernatural, what would they be?

  • Enduring peace throughout the world

  • A meaningful and rewarding job for every adult

  • The opportunity and the right for every child to simply be a child

Question #5: Someone is visiting your hometown/place where you live at the moment. Name two things you regret your city not having, and two things people should avoid.

We don’t have (a) a coherent, positive vision of what this place is and why anyone might want to visit, let alone live here, and (b) Well-established and well-endowed arts organizations.

Things to avoid include (a) one thousand fast food restaurants, and (b) any of the cheesy attractions aimed at tourists.

I would have responded “road construction,” except that no one can escape that!

Question #6: Name one event that has changed your life.

Since I can name just one, I will choose the birth of our daughter. Nothing was ever the same after that. I’ve always believed that parenthood is not something you do so much as something you become. Once you are a parent, you are always a parent.

Question #7: Is not a question. It's a command. Tag five other people.

As a latecomer to the party, I think most people have already been tagged. However, if you’re reading this and you haven’t done the meme and you would like to, please consider yourself the proud recipient of a tag from me.

4 comments :

Paul said...

Bonnie, thanks for these answers, I particularly like your third wish.
Warm hugs,
Paul.

Kallisto said...

It was fun reading your answers, Bonnie. I agree with Paul, I especially liked your third wish!
Hugs,
Kallisto

emeraldeyes said...

Great answers to the meme Bonnie, thanks for sharing them.
I also liked your wishes, and hope the thrid one especially does come true!

Hugs
Em

Bonnie said...

Paul - Thank you. I really believe we can make a better world by improving the lives of our children.

Kallisto - Thanks, and I'm really glad you're not completely gone.

Em - Thank you. I don't do memes very often, but this seemed to be worthwhile (and everyone else already answered it!).

Post a Comment