Sunday, July 30, 2006

Recap: MBS Sunday Brunch for July 30


Our brunch topic was warm-up spankings. As usual, you contributed a wonderful variety of thoughts and experiences.

Mary: Warm-ups? I love them! They are not always needed or given. But there is a comfort in being held on his lap and gradually getting into it. Sometimes, his lap is my favorite place to be. We have used them in role play often, very commonly in erotic play, and also if it is punishment. If it is a punishment, a warm-up centers me and I am scolded. Or he may start sharply instead to get my attention. For role play, warm up is a way to let the scene build. For erotic play, well, warm-ups can get me warm all over! All in all, warm-ups provide comfort, center me and help me feel connected.

Jean Marie: Warm-ups are employed frequently in this household. If the spanking is playful, the warm-up gets me in the mood. If the spanking is for punishment, as Mary just mentioned, the warm-up can be a time when I'm lectured or questioned. It can be the calm before the storm.

Warm-ups generally are an act of consideration for my cute butt. The warm-up gradually brings blood to the surface of the skin at the target-area, which lessens the bruising that would occur otherwise. That's why, in about twenty-five percent of my spankings that are for severe punishment, warm-ups are not utilized. Kyle starts in hard and heavy with the "designated hitter" implement. The focus here is to shock and awe, to hurt, and to leave evidence that the bad girl just got a good lesson. I'm fair-skinned, but I have toughened up back there over the years, so I don't bruise often. I know in the first two seconds at the start of the punishment if "it's gonna leave a mark." As we discussed in a past brunch, that's why bruises back there are special and memorable. Generally, in this household, harsh punishments are upsetting to both participants, so warm-ups have a warm and fuzzy connotation.

Eva: I don’t believe that my DH is past the "I don't want to hurt you stage," so he never just goes at it fast and hard. There's always a warm-up. In the long run, that's for the best because I probably handle it better than I would without a warm-up. I have a feeling, though, that if I ever angered him, he might go at it faster and harder and quicker. Ouch. We've been married too long. We don't fight any more. Hmmm... I guess maybe I'm glad we weren't spankos in our earlier years. LOL

B     : Warm-ups are used most of the time with me. I can take a lot more pain after a proper warm-up. If he wants to get into some heavier pain, like the cane, he's really thorough about a warm-up.

The few times D has punished me, it's been in the form of spanking my breasts. Of course, there was no warm up involved with that and those swats left lasting impressions.

Tigger Too: Warm-ups? Oooh, yes! I always get a warm-up! And I sooo love getting them! Not only are they incredibly fun, but they also allow me to take a much harder and a much longer spanking!

Fanny Annie: Yes, Papa and I use the warm-up spanking. He'll use his hand and spank me, generally alternating between cheeks and sometimes on the sensitive divide. My bottom will be pink from just below the tailbone to the sit spot. I love the warm-up. Papa likes to stop briefly and caress and pinch my bottom, which adds to the pleasure.

Not only is my bottom sufficiently prepared for the toys to come out, my mind has shifted gears from whatever was happening just before the spanking (heavy traffic, work, whatever) to its spanking mode. That's the delightful state when time doesn't exist, and my entire being is wrapped up in handing over control and access to my bottom to Papa.

The warm-up spanking is like the first few minutes after being lovingly wrapped in a warm blanket. The harder spanking is like the time spent being loved and cuddled while inside the blanket. The aftercare slowly unwraps the blanket and brings me back to the real world.

Mija: Warm-ups, or what are generally thought to be warm-ups, are one of those things that don't work for me. Sometimes, I endure them. Other times, they knock me completely out of any headspace (though that happens less now).

I think it's because all my spanking thoughts center around punishment. Being warmed up doesn't fit anywhere and seems to have erotic overtones, something that definitely doesn't work. Starting hard and fast gets me into the right mindset. Although it hasn't often happened, I especially like the terrible and intense feeling of being caned cold.

It's hard to explain sometimes, but what I enjoy is the sense that I'm suffering, that I'm not on top of the pain, that I'm not in control. Being warmed up gradually gives me the opposite experience.

I said "being warmed up gradually" because the fact remains, even starting hard and fast right away, I do get warmed up in the sense that if the scene goes on or I get spanked more times after the first one, my ability to take more increases.

Diane: Warm-up spankings are basically where we are right now. Brian spanks me every morning for several minutes until I feel the tingle. If it is too light, I waggle my bottom impatiently.

Afterward, I feel clearer in my tasks for the day. I also feel a very close connection to Brian, one that cannot be had any other way. I am relaxed and tension free to start my day.

Yesterday's spanking, however, was pure discipline with no warm-up. It lasted about 20 minutes. He spanked me with his hand, harder than usual, and finished with several strokes with a wooden spoon. This made me cry even harder. I do not like implements at all. But I know I deserved it.

For the rest of the day, I was laughing, joking, and at ease. We shared a wonderful afternoon.

Good Girl: As a newbies to spanking, we usually do a warm-up before the harder spanking. It's usually just some light spanking, increasing in intensity to get the blood flowing. I like the warm-ups because they help me to prepare for the harder spankings to come, both physically and mentally.

Paul: I would say that I used warm-up spankings about 95% of the time. Severe punishments, which were very rare, didn't have warm-ups. Stress busters and attitude adjusters came with talk and warm ups to find what caused the stress or the attitude. It helped me to understand why Mel needed the spanking, and helped Mel to know that she needed the spanking and, as always, that she was loved.

Good girl spankings were largely warm-ups anyway. *G*

kk: My warm-ups are more along the lines of being told early in the day that I will be punished. This gives my mind time to think about the pain I will be receiving.

Master has been known to get right to it with a good hard start and not let up until the end. No warm-up is needed when I am being punished for a bad deed.

No matter whether I get a warm-up or not, I still enjoy my spankings.

Todd and Suzy: We probably use some form of warm-up in 98% of our spankings. Some harder punishment spankings start *very hard* but very, very slowly. It’s a little different than building from moderate to hard spanks, but the slower pace does act as a warm-up. Spankings that are hard and fast from the start are rare.

Lots of interesting comments... We especially like Jean Marie's "shock and awe." LOL! That certainly does describe the fast, hard ones well!

S: D has a theory that my first spank should be a bum-numbing, shriek-producing, cheek-scorcher, so that the rest of my spanking should be light relief, but I'm not at all sure that my bottom and I agree with this!

Elis: I just hope to get past the warm up stage some day. So far, it’s been pretty mild. If Nick ever actually spanked me when he was angry, I wouldn't expect a warm up. But so far, I can't picture that.

Bonnie: This is one area where Randy has really refined his technique during the past few years. For a long time, he was a subscriber to Jean Marie’s “shock and awe” philosophy. He wanted me to gasp at the sheer intensity of his initial blows. In truth, he probably got me to the point of acceptance faster this way, but it wasn’t nearly as much fun as a more gradual warm-up.

Lately, he’s been all over the map. Sometimes the swats are hard, other times comparatively gentle. Sometimes my spankings are fast and ferocious. Other times, they slowly escalate in pace and intensity. He particularly delights in giving me the spanking I least expect and then convincing me that I like it.

I think Randy knows that I can absorb a longer, more severe spanking if he warms me up in stages. So, yes, we often have warm-ups.

Tony: We use warm-ups as it allows the spanking to last a good bit longer. The warm-up is a process of starting the spanking over her jeans or whatever outer garment she has on. Then we go through the removing of the outer garment and continue the warm-up over her panties. Then the panties are removed and more light spanking is given to the bare bottom. By now, I am telling her how much the REAL spanking is going to hurt. Often, after the warm-up, she will try to convince me that she has already been spanked enough and has learned her lesson. That never stops me from giving her bottom a good hard spanking. She expects this will happen, but I can't blame her for trying. We both like the warm-up process.

Cassie: If you asked Tom, he would say that he always gives a good warm-up. He usually does, but when he is upset with me, I can't tell that he starts off very slow. He may see it as a warm-up, but I know it's harder than usual.

Thanks to all for making this another excellent spanko Sunday brunch!

Keywords: , ,

2 comments :

Doc said...

Darn it! Missed the brunch!

Anonymous said...

Great reading!!!

*hugs*
Tigger

Post a Comment