Friday, September 24, 2021

Sweet Sixteen

It was a rainy Saturday, sixteen years ago today. I had been reading spanking blogs and thought that I could do this too. Randy and I had a lengthy conversation where we established general boundaries about the types of content that the blog will and will not contain. With his blessing attained, I typed these first words:

Hi! My name is Bonnie. I'm a forty something female who enjoys many interests. Among the more notable are spanking and lovemaking. To me, these two activities are permanently linked. I can barely conceive of one without the other.

I created this site to share some of my experiences. I sincerely hope that you will be interested, amused, entertained, stimulated, enlightened, or educated. If so, then this effort was worthwhile.

I proactively answered some questions that I still hear:

To answer a few obvious questions: Yes, I really do receive spankings. Yes, it does hurt. Yes, I enjoy the sensation, the ritual, and, of course, the fabulous sex that generally follows. ...and yes, these stories are true (plus or minus a wee bit of journalistic license).

Then I finished with a little spanko humor:

So if you're ready to read, I'm ready to assume the position.

I expected the blog might last a month or two before I either ran out of content or lost interest. I kind of wanted to see if I could do it.

I’ve assumed the position, both figuratively and literally, numerous times since then. Blogging has changed. We have changed too, as people, as a community, and as a world. But all those spankings are still the same, as is the way I feel when I get to be the willing recipient.

Readers used to repeatedly ask me when I was going to quit the blog. They don’t ask anymore. I figure that means either (a) they more fully appreciate the inherently ephemeral nature of this medium, or (b) blogs are just not as important in their lives as they once were. In any case, I still find it enjoyable to exchange thoughts with my spanko friends. So onward we go.

In closing, I want to offer my sincere gratitude to everyone who reads, comments, emails, spanks, or dreams. You make my life better.

17 comments :

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for about 10 years and I thank you for it. I liked it best when it was a daily post but I understand why you cut back. Anyway, thanks for what you do.

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie,

Congratulations on your Blogaversary! Sixteen years!

You have always been such a cornerstone of blogland bringing us together with the In with the new and other posts, not to mention LoL Days etc. Your blog has also been a source of valuable information.

I for one am so glad you decided to blog sixteen years ago:) Thank you for all you do for blogland.

Hugs
Roz

Erica Scott said...

Yayyyyy Bonnie! Happy whatever it's called (is it blogaversary or blogiversary? I need to know these things)! You are our shining star in BlogLand and we love you. ♥

Rich Person said...

It's the first spanking blog I go to when I have the chance to look at spanking blogs. Thanks for all your painfully hard work, Bonnie. Your dedications really shows. It's bright red! And dedication, of course, is what drives people to do something year after year.

morningstar said...

WOW 16 years!!! that's quite a milestone..I was very much a 'newbie' around blog land when I found 'My Bottom Smarts' I used to feel like I was creeping in quietly and sitting in a corner watching what was going on....... I have to credit you with bringing me out of the corner - and talking. (now I won't shut up - cheeky grin)

Hope to be reading you for another 16 years Bonnie!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I think I have been reading your blog the entire time. I start everyday on your blog to see if you have posted and then to look at "good and hot" and check out the other blogs to see who posted overnight. I love reading about your spanking adventures. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 16 years is truly an accomplishment. I also think it's interesting that I enjoy reading your blog even though we are flipped in our gender dynamics. A lot of times M/f people can't get into F/m blogs and F/m folks don't relate to M/f ones. My feeling is that the gender is irrelevant to most situations and that the dynamics play out the same either way, with maybe just some minor differences. So it's always been the honesty of what you share that rings true for me and I appreciate, sub-to-sub, if not M/f-er to M/f-er.

Minielle Labraun said...

Congratulations! How wonderfully exciting! I am so glad you are still here in whatever creative way you always share!
I still remember my early searches, not even understanding how I was able to discover this wonderful world I joined! Your blog was part of all my firsts!

PK said...

Thank you for starting your blog. If I were to tell you all the ways this blog has changed my life, I'd be writing another book. Finding your blog led me to begin my own. That has led me to amazing friendships as well as a tiny writing career that I truly love. It also led me to my husband - yes, we've been married much longer but your blog gave me the courage to open up to him and made our marriage amazing. And, of course, I'm just one person who's life you made so very much better. With all the readers you've had I think we can safely say you have made the world a better place with your small blog. Thank you

Bonnie said...

Anon #1 - You're very welcome. I decided around 2013 that the schedule I was keeping was no longer sustainable. That realization eventually led me to consider what workload I could sustain, and that's what you see here. I call myself a semi-retired blogger, but maybe it's just the best of all worlds.

Thank you for ten years of readership and support for MBS.

Roz - Yes, I'm glad too. Your continuing support and engagement encourages me to keep going.

Erica - Thank you so much for being my brilliant friend. ♥

RP - I appreciate your continued support. It is painfully hard work sometimes, but it helps that I love my job! :)

MS - You were always welcome here, and you still are.

In sixteen more years, I will be geriatric at best.

Anon #2 - Wow. That's great. When I say I love my lurkers, you are who I'm talking about. You and readers like you are the reason why I'm still writing about spankings.

KD - We are united by common interests and experiences. Thanks for your support.

Minielle - I appreciate your kind words and your readership. I'm pleased to be able to contribute to those positive firsts.

PK - Thank you. This blog has had a wider reach than I could have ever imagined. What an amazing ride it's been for all of us!

ronnie said...

Bonnie,congratulations on your Blogiverasry. 16 years wow. I'm glad you are still here. Thank you.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

O and P Spanking Stories said...

I also thank you for your blog!
B :)

Bonnie said...

Ronnie - Thanks! Me too! I'm glad you've stuck around as well.

Brigitte - Thank you for your support!

Hermione said...

A belated happy blogiversary (the Canadian spelling of blogaversary). Yours was the first blog I ever visited, and you were my inspiration to start blogging too.

Here's to 16 more years!

Hugs,
Hermione

MrBillSails said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations on your blog longevity!
Most of the blogs I have found and followed have faded away.
Yours is one of the first blogs I discovered.
For many years spanking my wife and sex were all one. Somehow, I found my way from your spanking blog, which I still love, to a whole different world of male chastity, orgasm control, wife led marriage and spanked males. Now I am the one getting spanked. I am very happy. Thanks for keeping your blog going, I know it is difficult to find the content and time to do so.

Bonnie said...

Hermione - I was fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time. I am grateful for your continuing support over all these years.

Sixteen more years of spanko blogging seems unlikely, but who knows?

Mr Bill - Thank you! Here's to happiness however it arrives.

Enzo said...

Congratulations on your Blogaversary!
Thank you for all you've done and for continuing to post and share in so many ways.

Best,
Enzo

Post a Comment