Saturday, August 28, 2021

Fun with Baking

Hello friends. It’s been a difficult summer for us, but we’re still here. I’ll share more about that later, but I wanted to tell you about a fun conversation.

Last Saturday, our daughter and granddaughter came over and we spent the afternoon engaged in transgenerational baking. Along the way, we had a wonderful time exchanging views on a great many topics. Our granddaughter is now in high school. I am immensely proud of the caring, smart young woman she has become. Her mother shares Randy’s screwball sensibilities, so we three had a fun discussion.

Before people come over (which is rare these days), I ditch all our spanking and sex toys. During the pandemic, though, it’s just been Randy and me, so things tend to get left out sometimes. Before this event, I took extra care to hide all the paddles and such just to be safe. I even covered the spanking bench down in the basement just in case. I’m not at all ashamed of our life together, but I sure don’t want to have to explain it to family.

As you’ve probably guessed by now, I forgot something. Fortunately, it was fairly innocuous. Our granddaughter discovered a basket of clean laundry that I meant to take upstairs. Right on top was a pair of hot pink thong panties. She held them up and asked, “Wow, [Grandma], are these yours?” I replied, “Well, they certainly aren’t your grandfather’s.”

She seemed impressed that this old lady was way cooler than she ever realized. “There’s probably a lot I don’t know about you.” I just smiled. Her Millennial mother rolled her eyes, and said, “Don’t ask. Please don’t even.”

With that, the conversation wandered off in a different direction.

When I recounted this story later for Randy. He asked me how much I would have disclosed if presented with a direct question. After considering the query, I told him that I would say that we enjoy a very happy, active life together. She is a mature girl, and would no doubt figure out all that she needs to know from there.

And our pies were delicious!

5 comments :

PK said...

I sounds like a wonderful afternoon! My kids know what I write so they know the 'secret'. Son could care less, and daughter is getting that way. By the time I have grand kids by they will probably think 'active' is us being able to walk!

Roz Harrison said...

LoL Bonnie, I think it's great your granddaughter discovered she has a cool grandma lol. Lucky it wasn't something else left out! Sounds like a wonderful time together:)

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Hi Bonnie,

I would like to know what Randy would have said if he had been asked a direct question. Would he have spilled the beans?

Hugs,
Hermione

Erica Scott said...

Ha! Love it! So hard to find all those loose ends.
I hope you are okay!

Bonnie said...

PK - Our daughter knows more than she wants to know.

As fast as kids grow up, grandchildren grow faster still!

Roz - Yes, we had a splendid afternoon baking and sharing.

Hermione - Randy would never tell that kid anything regardless of the question posed. To him, she's a little girl.

Don't look now, but that "little girl" inherited the curse that runs down the maternal line. She may be 16, but she looks like a very curvy adult woman. She told us about attending a pool party earlier in the summer. The boys were after her the entire time. Fashions change. Boys don't.

Her mom confided that she's now on birth control. Yikes.

Erica - Yes, it is, especially considering that we have been basically holed up together for a more than a year!

We're OK. I just get sad sometimes about the state of our world. I have a post on this subject, but I have to write it. :)

Post a Comment