Sunday, November 22, 2020

Off Topics: What I Don't Write About

Thank you to everyone who stopped by during our Lover Our Lurkers celebration. It was great to hear from all of you!

During our LoL Day exchange, a fourteen-year reader (!) named TriXie suggested that I've left out some "really good subjects." That's interesting, I thought. In my mind, I had already discussed every spanko topic I could imagine ten years ago. When I took a break from blogging, it wasn't because I stopped loving getting spankings or even blogging. I just ran out of fresh content and I grew tired of recycling the same concepts and themes.

Over the years, I've written about spankings, lots of spankings, of all different varieties, both ours and other people's. Truth and fiction. We had song parodies and games and puzzles and tutorials and quizzes. We had audience participation. We have original research, a one act play, and a spanko choose your adventure story. We had lots of memes, spanking humor, and way too many kink links. And sex, yeah, that too.

I seek to write about topics I know because (1) it's easier, and (2) I cannot in good conscience present myself as an expert unless I'm sure I understand. To this end, I've compiled the following list of spanking and related topics that I seldom if ever discuss here.
  1. Real punishments (not our dynamic)

  2. Spanking parties (no experience)

  3. Spanking modeling (never tried)

  4. Single tail whips (too extreme for us)

  5. Poly or open relationships (just not us)

  6. Blood, knives, piercing, fire, electricity, torture (let's stick to spanking)

  7. Scat (eww)

  8. Male submission (again, not our thing)

  9. Spanking any child or non-consenting adult (as hard as a limit can be)

  10. Foot fetish (no disrespect, but I don't get it)

  11. Humiliation or objectification (I'm submissive, but not a doormat)

  12. Misogyny or sexism (women are smaller, but we are not less)

  13. Spanking in other cultures (others can explain this better)

  14. Spanking and mental illness (important, but not an area of expertise)

  15. Spanko dating advice (way out of practice and the world has changed)

  16. Problems of the world (what do I know? I'm just a happily spanked wife)
I make no judgement about people who are familiar with these topics (OK, except for #9 and #12). In these 16 areas, I am not sufficiently knowledgeable to guide others, and so I will not attempt to do so.

Beyond the list, if you, TriXie or any reader, see an area that you would like me to discuss or discuss more, please let me know. I love new ideas and finding original ways to express "hard wooden paddle smacks against quivering flesh." Please do suggest! Something experimental maybe?

For those readers who are hoping to locate sites that feature the topics in the list above, the good news is that the internet is filled with kinky people who want to share. May you find everything you seek.

10 comments :

wolfman7446 said...

Bonnie:

Your blog is an excellent piece of work and is most appreciated. Just keep things going as you have.

Rick

Joe said...

Bonnie keep up the great work no change needed

TriXie Levesque said...

go Bonnie I honestly ment no disrespect, the only few topics you rarely talk about is, like ddlg you have spoken about it, but not much.

Again, I love reading your weekly blog it's very interesting.

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie, I agree, this blog is a wonderful source of information and a place for like minded people to connect thanks to the introduction of the brunch, in with the new etc. A real cornerstone of blogland. No change needed :)

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Bonnie, you have provided more excellent information about spanking than any other blog I've seen.

Hugs,
Hermione

Minielle Labraun said...

Bonnie, stay just how you are! No need for anything more!

PK said...

You do quite well on what you do write on. So please enjoy and keep going.

Dale said...

Greatly enjoy your "mainstream spanko" blog, if there is such a thing.

Anonymous said...

Not to be insensitive but should she be here when she isn't over 18? Most blogs have a disclaimer that you must be over the age of 18 to enter. Bonnie, I'd hate to lose your site due to any issue like this.

Bonnie said...

Rick - Thank you. I appreciate your feedback.

Joe - Aw, thank you for your support.

TriXie - No disrespect taken. I am always open to positive suggestions. I have not said much about ddlg. It's not our dynamic, but I can appreciate the appeal. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Roz - Thank you. Your continuing support helps to make this endeavor worthwhile.

Hermione - What, have you no mirrors in your house? :)

Minielle - Thank you!

PK - I think you've hit upon the essential blogging success factor. Enjoyment is the key requirement to keep going.

Dale - Oh, I like that. I'll take that moniker.

Anon - Fear not, TriXie has been reading this blog for fourteen years. I feel honored that anyone has stuck around through all these years. So when a loyal reader wants to make suggestions, I'm definitely listening! Thanks for your concern.

Post a Comment