Sunday, August 30, 2020

Introducing: Bonnie



The following was an interview I did with Suzy from the Spanking in Suzy’s World blog. Suzi was also co-founder of the popular American Spanking Society blog. This article was published on October 9, 2010.

Today I am doing the thirteenth Spanko Friend Profile Post on an intelligent, witty and creative spankee known as Bonnie.

How old were you when you received your first adult spanking and who gave it to you, and how did you feel about the experience?


I suppose you could say I received my first adult spanking before I was an adult. At 16, I cajoled my boyfriend into spanking me. He completely misunderstood what I wanted and it was pretty much a disaster. We broke up not too long afterward. I gained from the experience a better understanding of what I desire and how to ask for it.

How did you first become involved in the spanking community?

My first exposure to the spanko community was as a lurker in the ASS/SSS Usenet groups. Ever the geek, my husband Randy showed it to me. I was amazed. I talked with several of the luminaries of that world, primarily though e-mail. By that time, Randy and I had been enjoying spanking together for more than ten years. Even so, there was a great deal we did not know. It was so interesting and cool to hear all of the different perspectives. As a result, we greatly expanded the boundaries of our play.

In terms of becoming an active participant, I joined a series of now-defunct spanking forums and discussion groups beginning in the late-90s. This is where I first found my online voice. A few years later, blogs became the medium of choice. This seemed like a natural outlet for a writer like me, so I jumped in with both feet. The rest of the story can be found on my blog.

You have a very popular blog and we know how time consuming that can be, how do you spend your time when you are offline?

Thank you. Publishing the blog (plus all of the behind the scenes stuff that no one sees) does consume a lot of time. However, Randy is the first priority in my life. Then comes my job and the blog. If there is any time left, I enjoy working with community theater projects, gardening, cooking, travel, and reading.

Being in a marriage that includes spanking, how often would you say spanking occurs typically? daily, weekly, monthly, or does it too unpredictable to estimate?

We plan to get together for spanking once each week, usually on Friday evening. Many weeks, we will sneak in one or two extra sessions, but these depend upon our schedules, energy levels, and what is happening in the rest of the world.

You go by the name "Bonnie" on your blog, how did you come about using that name in the scene?

Believe it or not, I was given this name by my mother. It's printed on my birth certificate. I started using it early on and by the time I figured out that was a bad idea, I had already accumulated lots of cyber-friends who know me as Bonnie.

What I know about Bonnie...

When I first started checking out spanking sites online, Todd told me about My Bottom Smarts. I liked it from the start. Bonnie's writing was very "real" and it didn't focus on the physical act of spanking as much as it did the emotional side of it. That she was married and in a spanking relationship very much appealed to me too. It felt like the type of blog I'd like to write, if I were to ever have a blog. She also has the Sunday Brunch feature which is one of my favorite regular posting features she does. It brings up great topics of discussion and then shares the comments from her large group of readers.

As it turned out, Todd and I started the A.S.S. blog a few months later and we did indeed use many of Bonnie's ideas, especially when it came to sharing the more realistic and emotional side of spanking. Instead of Bonnie viewing us as competion or being mad that we'd borrowed some of her ideas, she was welcoming and very helpful. We've tried to borrow that approach too (one of the reasons we do our "Wink" posts on A.S.S.).

Although I don't get to talk with Bonnie directly all that much these days, I do enjoy reading her blog and keeping in touch that way. My Bottom Smarts remains one of my favorite blogs. I very much enjoyed the chance to interview Bonnie too. Thanks Bonnie!

Bonnie's writings, thoughts and involvement in 'this thing we do' makes it that much better for all of us and I am happy to know her.

8 comments :

Roz said...

Wonderful interview Bonnie, thank you for sharing. I love Suzy's comment at the end too. You are such a cornerstone of blogland, bringing bloggers together through the brunch and giving many of us our start through your in with the new. Thank you. Thanks also to Hermione and Ronnie for continuing these features.

Hugs
Roz

Hermione said...

Hi Bonnie,

This post is a lovely reminder of all the enthusiastic spanko bloggers who are now no longer with us. I miss Suzy and Todd. Thanks for sharing this interview.

Hugs,
Hermione

PK said...

Great interview! The very 'real' sound of your writing was what caught me also. Everyone love a good story, but it was the real life that drew me.

Minielle Labraun said...

I enjoyed this interview. It’s fun reading about how you began. It always makes me happy to see the many facets of this community. What an impact you have had here!

Rich Person said...

I wonder if we crossed paths on Usenet. Boy, those were the days! I met my girlfriend indirectly through one of those groups. Someone announced a sex party, which I subsequently went to and met her.

Bonnie said...

Roz - Thank you. I think my cornerstone days have passed, but I am pleased to still be a contributor to our community. I am very grateful to Hermione and Ronnie for keeping these traditions active and vital.

Hermione - You're most welcome. I miss all of those good friends as well.

PK - Thanks! Were I as good a writer as you are, I would post more fiction. :)

Minielle - Thank you. It's been a fun ride.

RP - That's very possible. I lurked more than I posted in those days, but I was around. I think those early Usenet groups changed a lot of lives and set the stage for all that followed. It was my first awareness that there was a spanko community.

Rich Person said...

It was mine, too. I'm going to consider you an "old friend"--in the best sense of the term.

Leina Kedi said...

Thanks very much for adding me to your links - it's much appreciated -

Post a Comment