Friday, January 23, 2009

Ever Forward


Thank you to everyone who weighed in on my last post. It was difficult to compose and I wasn't sure whether it was a good idea to even wade into that quagmire. But it was great that readers were civil and discussed their differences with respect. I really appreciate that.

I harbor no illusions that we resolved the issues. In fact, the debate still seems to be raging elsewhere. But for MBS, I'm ready to change the subject.

After a lot of thinking, worrying, writing, crying, and driving Randy nuts, I reached a point where I could no longer dwell on these questions. I needed to find a path out of this emotional thicket. Here's where those thoughts led me.

- - - - -

We are granted only so many days on this Earth. I resolve to make mine good ones. I want to live a life upon which I can look back and feel satisfied. I want to know that I took every opportunity afforded me to be positive and nurturing. I want the world to be a better place and I want to contribute toward that effort. If I can do a portion of my share through blogging, then blog I shall.

I am not so naive as to believe everything I am told nor everyone who might tell me. But I am not so afraid that I distrust everyone. Life is about managing risks. If we have no risks, we have no life. I've been fooled before and I might be fooled again, but life's journey is worthwhile nonetheless. I'll be a bit more wary to be sure. But I won't hide and I won't shut out the world.

I am still proud to be a spanko blogger and a member of this community. Despite the recent divisiveness, we still have plenty of common ground.

- - - - -

Speaking of which... Is anybody enjoying a good spanking this weekend? :D

14 comments :

Anonymous said...

I have to wait until Monday while the kids are in school for a spanking. Hope you have better luck, ;)

Perhaps all three of the kids will spontaneously decide to spend the night at a friend's house. LOL

Daisychain said...

i just feel so sad... I mean, I know I am sharing my life here in blogland; I just don't know any more whether I am the only one living this kind of life....maybe everyone else is writing fiction, and I am the only weird person really living it!
Hugs, Bonnie xxx

Hermione said...

As always, well said, Bonnie. I am also proud to be counted as a member of the spanking blog community.

Yes, I'll be getting a spanking this weekend. As for enjoying it - do you have to ask?

Hugs,
Hermione

Anonymous said...

Very well said Bonnie. I needed to write what I thought, and now I need to move on. I have loved being part of this community and will continue to. Yes there are people not to be trusted, but I know I have also met some truly wonderful people, and even come to know a few in real life. All in all a great experience!

Yep, we have a spanking date tonight! Hope you do too! :)

Anonymous said...

Your treatment of this controversy
simply served to further underscore your wisdom, sensitivity, and
high degree of skill in unifying a diverse community. Yours was the best possible approach in the midst of an utterly pathological set of circumstances. Warm regards, JJ

Kallisto said...

Great post, Bonnie. Yes, I am getting a spanking this weekend--lol.

Hugs,
Kallisto

Greenwoman said...

Thank you Bonnie for your willingness to share a dialogue here and for being kind and warm and constructive. Blessings and happy spankings!!

Terpsichore said...

Thank-you Bonnie for sharing your thoughts and wisdom. May everyone find happiness in life and many playful spankings this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie:
I also want to thank you for adding levity and calmness. Your words gave me some peace of mind today.
Take care,
Andrades

Zille Defeu said...

Moving on -- what a lovely idea, Bonnie! :)

This weekend my Master and I are most likely going to be doing my "uniform review," which is basically him going over my rather large collection of school-wear, getting rid of what doesn't work, and setting aside certain outfits so that he can text me on the way home from work with something like: "Be kneeling in corner. blue gym skirt, knickers, and sweater. Over-knee socks. Blue and green striped tie." and I can be ready and waiting for him when he walks in the door! :)

But I rather imagine the review itself should lead to some spanking ... and I simply can't wait! My bottom is tingling in anticipation -- I need a spanking real bad!

ronnie said...

Thanks for this Bonnie.
I have been told I'm getting a spanking on Sunday and with a bit of luck maybe 2 :)

Enjoy your weekend.
Ronnie
xx

Bonnie said...

Janeen - My luck has been quite good of late! :D Here's hope for an outbreak of sleepovers.

Daisy - You're not the only one and you're not weird either. There are, in fact, quite a few of us.

Hermione - Congratulations, and no, I don't have to ask!

Sara - Your articulate and well reasoned prose is an oasis of common sense. Thank you for adding your wisdom at a time when it was desperately needed.

Yes, this is definitely a spanking weekend around here!

JJ - Aw, thanks. I really appreciate your support.

Kallisto - I don't worry too much about you in that regard. :D May it be one to remember fondly.

Greenwoman - You're very welcome.

Terpsichore - That's a very sweet wish. I second that sentiment.

Andrades - I'm glad to be able to help.

Zille - I can imagine that uniform review scenario easily sliding into a role play spanking. What fun!

Ronnie - May your Sunday be a glowing one!

john said...

Thank you for giving your readers a platform to express their different thoughts on what happened.

Anonymous said...

As many have written before me, I am really in the dark as to what has happened.

I am writing only to say that I am very sorry that you were hurt or misused by someone. Secondly to say that I am glad that you decided to blog on.

I would miss you and your wonderful bog!

TS

Post a Comment