Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fantasy versus Reality

In an exchange with one of my correspondents, she told me that she enjoys spankings only in the realm of fantasy. "How sad," was my first reaction. Then it occurred to me that if that arrangement meets her needs, who am I to lament or wish for her something more?

After all, fantasy without reality seems a whole lot better than reality without fantasy. For me, both are essential. Fantasy and reality play very different roles. Here's what I mean.

FantasyReality
Turns me onFinishes me off
In my mind all the timeHappens at best twice per week
May or may not be sexualAlways sexual
Disciplinary themesMany themes
Merciless spankerPlayacting deserves an Oscar
I'm naughtyI've done nothing wrong
I deserve thisI enjoy this
Severe spankingsOnly what is needed
I need a masterI can take care of myself
I need to submitI want to submit
I like marksI like marks no one can see
Pain is secondarySpankings really hurt!
Aware, awake, alert throughoutSometimes drift into "subspace"
Follows my story lineI never know what's next
Stern and seriousFun and laughter
Makes for a good storyMakes for a great story
Over when it's overAfter-effects last a while
I love my spankingsSame here

Interestingly, Randy has his own spanking fantasies. They seem to be remarkably similar to my reality.

In summary, the most important sexual organ is the one we all share - the mind. Imagination enriches our relationships and stretches our boundaries. Without fantasy, we're just going through the motions.

3 comments :

Bonnie said...

Storm and Shyanne,

I agree. But what if someone's fantasy is to submit to a partner whose own fantasies are different? Now there's a brain-twister.

Randy's tastes are slightly different than mine. Fortunately, we find plenty of common ground.

Anonymous said...

…and then there was the submissive who’s master was a masochist. In order to be submissive to him she had to beat his butt three times a week.

Anonymous said...

I love spankings in fantasy and reality. Glad I ran across your blog.

Post a Comment