Thursday, November 03, 2011

Announcing: Love Our Lurkers 6

Yes, we do love our lurkers, and next Thursday, we will demonstrate that love. November 10th is the date for our sixth annual Love Our Lurkers Day.

For those unfamiliar with Love Our Lurkers Day, it's an annual event dedicated to appreciating and recognizing our silent readers.  The idea is that each blog invites their readership to leave comments. We don't wish to compel anyone to speak, but for those waiting for their invitation to become part of the group, this is their day.

All bloggers are invited to join in the celebration.  All readers are encouraged to leave comments.  Last year, we had 110 blogs participating and 2,627 total comments.  It was a lot of fun for everyone and we met many new friends.

If you are a blogger who would to meet your lurkers, all you need to do is create a post for LOL Day on November 10 and then respond to their comments. I will maintain a running list of participants. If you send me an e-mail when your post is up, I will add a link to your blog.

Along with creating your LOL post for November 10, I ask you to pass the word to spanking/Ds/DD bloggers who may not read MBS.  We want this event to be as inclusive as possible.

Let's make LOL Day 6 our best community event ever!

30 comments :

MarQe said...

Already !! Where does the time go ?

Daisychain said...

Count me in, off to prepare and post date my LOL post now!

lunaKM said...

Woohoo! I've got my post queued up too. I hope to meet many new and interesting people :)

ronnie said...

Thanks Bonnie. Count me in.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Kendra said...

Ok so I have never done the LOL thing since up til a month ago I was a lurker.. Do we just create a post about it and then send ya the link to it? Thanks much

Anonymous said...

Count me in too! Love Veronica xoxo

SPANKEDHORTIC II said...

Willing, if not ready yet. I'll try to think up a post for this year. Thanks for organizing this again.

Prefectdt

Hermione said...

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for organizing this popular event again. My post is scheduled and ready to go at midnight. Wouldn't it be fun if we had at least 200 participants this year?

Hugs,
Hermione

Dragon's Rose said...

I'm on it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun!

Love,
Kitty

Erica said...

Yay! I'm in!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Have I got this right? We post the LOL thing at 00:01 on the 10th and then we e-mail you the link?

abby said...

Thanks bonnie! count me in! abby

faerie wings said...

I remember last years, just about the time I started lurking. It should be fun from the other side, I'm in.

Spank-A-Lot said...

Yes its happening for me! COUNT ME IN!!

RedRump said...

Looking forward to it!

Mikki said...

I was lurking this time last year... wow.. time flies when your having fun!! Count me in!!

Sara said...

I wouldn't miss it! Thanks Bonnie! Sara

Underling said...

Thanks again, Bonnie.

And count me in!

Country Spanker said...

As s poacher turned gamekeeper I am in. Can I use your LOL logo on my blog for a pre post please.

Molly said...

I am looking forward to my 1st ever LOL on my blog. Love this idea!

Mollyxxx

Anonymous said...

Yay! I saw the announcement BEFORE the date! Woo Hoo. Count me IN!

Lunargirl

Anonymous said...

You know we'll gladly play along, Bonnie. We love LOL Day!

:)
~Todd and Suzy
americanspankingsociety.com

Purple Angel said...

Hi Bonnie,
So glad to be able to participate once again, I have been one of the worst lurkers of all (hangs head in shame). Happy to be back and I will certainly pass the word along.
Take care,
Purple Angel

morningstar said...

count me in too...

ladypandorah said...

Love the idea of this! I'll be joining in !

(New to your blog, got to adore the sharing thanks to Twitter!)

LP

little said...

I think I might be a lurker (gasp) and this yr will be my first year to come out of the closet!

Anonymous said...

I am up for it and have a post ready to go.
Fred

Alex said...

Haha !!
Excellent idea : )

Too bad I missed that by one day

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all you do! I don't here enough, but love your blog!

Post a Comment