Sunday, November 28, 2021

Experience the Legends

Long time spankophiles wax nostalgic about famous implements of the past. They're gone, but not forgotten. But wait, maybe they're not really gone.

In many cases, beloved and dreaded bottom warmers can still be located, purchased, and swung through the wonders of the internet.

In the interest of journalistic integrity, I must tell you that all of the implements featured here are famous for a good reason. That reason is that receiving a spanking with them can be quite painful. But sometimes, it's worth a sore bottom to experience the legend. And maybe even more than once just to be sure.

Here is a source for what used to be known as the Vermont Country Store bath brush (pictured at the top). This implement is ideal for delivering serious punishments. A spanking with this brush will be long remembered. It works equally well in OTK and bent over positions. Alas, VCS changed the design once they learned that the brush was popular for something other than scrubbing.
The Loopy Johnny (above) became famous as the quietest spanking implement (though silencing the recipient is a different matter). It turns out that they were never really gone. These little stingers are widely available from several vendors on Etsy.

Then there's what used to be called the Crabtree and Evelyn body brush (pictured above). I sometimes call it the dogleg because of its curved shape. It's an ideal size for OTK application and perfectly designed to deliver a burning lesson. For fans of traditional domestic discipline corporal punishments, this brush checks all the boxes. This product was also discontinued after we talked about it too much on the internet. But you can order the same brush here.

Next we have the Jokari Paddle. Jokari was a backyard and beach game that involved hitting a rubber ball back and forth using wooden paddles like the one pictured above. I'm not sure I ever saw anyone actually playing this game, but the paddle became a legendary adult punishment implement. It was so perfect for spanking that I hesitate to label it a pervertible. These can be found on eBay and elsewhere, but they can be pricey, especially for authentic originals in good condition. However, many paddle makers offer models that are similar in dimensions and weight. Here's one of my favorites.
One product that I never exprienced and have not been able to find is the Cracker Barrel paddle ball game (with or without the ball). It was like the old Fli-Back model, but thicker and sturdier (see the picture above). Cracker Barrel stopped selling them about twenty years ago and they are rare today. I thought there might be some on eBay, but I couldn't find that model. Perhaps our fellow enthusiasts already snapped them up. If you know a good source, please leave a comment and I will post an update.

Collecting and using these classic implements can spice up your relationship. As with any new toy, please proceed with caution until both partners become familiar with its effects.

9 comments :

Roz said...

Hi Bonnie, we had Jokari as kids and I absolutely loved it! Spent hours playing. Never occurred to me at the time what other uses the paddle may have lol.

Not sure I would want to experience these. They all look lethal! LoL

Hugs
Roz

morningstar said...

Once upon a time I had a loopy Johnny - I loved it!! We also had an old fashioned carpet beater.. if memory serves me right it got broken over my bum

Erica Scott said...

Legends notwithstanding, and with all due respect to the traditions -- all four of these are a big fat NO!

MarkB wmmb1120@gmail.com said...

I remember as young boy seeing my parent's shoe cleaning kit that included several wooden brushes- my earliest spanking fantasies I remember. Thank God they were never used on me!
But that bath brush is a beautiful implement- depending on which end you're on...

Hermione said...

I bought a dogleg brush many years ago in an upscale home decor store, then found another one at a thrift shop. Both work very effectively!

I had no idea all these wonderful products had been discontinued. Pity!

Hugs,
Hermione

Dan - A Disciplined Hubby said...

The Body Shop offers a "body brush" that seems to have been modeled on the Vermont Country Store brush. When I bought it online, there were a couple of comments in the Reviews that made me think some buyers were very aware that it had been adapted by spankos for use on one very particular body part. I hate the damn thing and all its variants. Unfortunately, my wife bought a similar but darker colored one for herself earlier this year, and it has become her "go to" implement.

We had a loopy johnny, and it was another of my wife's favorites for a while. But, she came to find that the loops when often flick back and hit her hand with almost as much force as they were delivering to my bottom, so she stopped using it.

Bonnie said...

Roz - Yeah, implements don't gain legendary status because they are gentle. But just once, that might be an interesting change.

MS - Ha! I love it when implements break in the heat of battle!

Erica - I acknowledge that these items might deliver a bit more persuasion than required.

Mark - I know only the wide end of that bath brush, and it's mighty fierce.

Hermione - We have two of those too. Real stingers!

Dan - One former blogger named that brush "Varmint," and not without justification. It's definitely a memory maker. I didn't know about that loopy johnny collateral damage. That's funny!

Minielle Labraun said...

Thanks for this! I wonder about that first bath brush….. maybe not swung full strength…? Hmmm

Bonnie said...

Minielle - Right you are. It's intense with just a flick of the wrist.

Post a Comment